Envelop your music in vibrant rhythmic energy with the SL-2 Slicer, an inspiring creative tool filled with colorful sonic grooves. This BOSS original chops your sound into unique percussive patterns-including many processed with internal filters and effects-and provides multiple output options that bring grooves to life across the stereo field.
Evolved from the legacy SL-20 Slicer, the SL-2 offers expanded capabilities while shrinking the size to the pedalboard-friendly BOSS compact format. Instantly elevate performances with 88 onboard patterns and tap into more via the BOSS Tone Studio app. Grab the knobs to tweak audio slices on the fly and sync to songs with tap tempo and MIDI. Fun and easy to use, the SL-2 brings fresh musical power to all types of creators, from guitarists and keyboardists to loop performers, DJs, beatmakers, and beyond.
- The famous BOSS Slicer effect in an advanced compact pedal
- Instantly create compelling sonic grooves with single and dual Slicer paths processed with multiple internal effects
- 88 memory locations with pre-loaded patterns (eight types with 11 variations for each)
- Control the wave shape and length of sliced audio with Attack and Duty knobs
- Adjust the overall effect level with +/-12 dB range
- Mono/stereo input and output for integration with any setup
- Seven stereo output modes: Fixed, EFX/Direct, Random, Ping-Pong, Auto, 3D Cross, and 3D Rotation
- Connect to the BOSS Tone Studio app (macOS/Windows) via USB to explore and load alternate patterns
- Control bypass and tap tempo with the onboard pedal switch
- Connect up to two footswitches or an expression pedal for external parameter control
- TRS MIDI input for clock sync and CC control
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Sample Rate: 48 kHz
- AD Conversion: 24 bits + AF method, AF method (Adaptive Focus method), This is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters.
- DA Conversion: 32 bits
- Patterns: 88
- Nominal Input Level: INPUT A (MONO), INPUT B: -20 dBu
- Maximum Input Level: INPUT A (MONO), INPUT B: +7 dBu
- Input Impedance: INPUT A (MONO), INPUT B: 1 MΩ
- Nominal Output Level: OUTPUT A (MONO), OUTPUT B: -20 dBu
- Maximum Output Level: OUTPUT A (MONO), OUTPUT B: +7 dBu
- Output Impedance: OUTPUT A (MONO), OUTPUT B: 1 kΩ
- Recommended Load Impedance: OUTPUT A (MONO), OUTPUT B: 10 kΩ or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: TYPE knob, VARIATION knob, ATTACK knob, DUTY knob, TEMPO knob, BALANCE knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of Tempo and check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT A (MONO) jack, INPUT B jack, OUTPUT A (MONO) jack, OUTPUT B jack: 1/4-inch phone type, CTL/EXP jack: 1/4-inch TRS phone type, DC IN jack, MIDI IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type, USB port: USB B
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61 or 6LF22, commercially available), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 95 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 2.5 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Dry battery (9 V, 6LR61 or 6LF22)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series, Footswitch: FS-5U, Dual footswitch: FS-6, FS-7, Expression pedal: FV-500H, FV-500L, EV-30, Roland EV-5, TRS/MIDI connecting cable:, BMIDI-5-35, BMIDI-1-35, BMIDI-2-35, BCC-1-3535, BCC-2-3535
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 450 g, 1 lb
*0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.