FOUR INTELLIGENT PITCH EFFECTS IN A STOMPBOX
Meet the new BOSS harmonist, with four intelligent pitch-shift effects and three-voice harmony in one convenient unit. Among the effect modes are Harmony, Pitch Shifter, and Detune, plus the all-new Super Bend for authentic pedal-bending effects and wild three- and four-octave pitch sweeps. You can even control pitch with an optional expression pedal. The harmony function is fast and simple to use, and supports a variety of interval patterns. It's easy to create rich, three-voice harmony: choose a major or minor key, and set SHIFT to 3-VOICE-that's it! The PS-6 Harmonist is an unbeatable combination of superior sound quality, ease of use, and powerful pitch effects, all under one hood.
- Four effect modes in one stompbox: Harmony, Pitch Shifter, Detune, and S-BEND (Super Bend)
- Easily create two- or three-voice harmonies with selectable key and voicing
- High-quality pitch shifting
- Three-voice Detune capability
- Super Bend provides up to four octaves of extreme pitch bending
- Control pitch via expression pedal (optional BOSS FV-500L/H or Roland EV-5)
Higher Sound Quality
The PS-6 is the new-generation pedal for harmony shifting. Sound quality has been improved dramatically thanks to the DSP that is unparalleled in power. With the PS-6, you can render complex harmony voicings beautifully, naturally, and easily.
This amazing effect bends pitch across a 7-octave span, from -3 to +4 octaves! Set the Rise and Fall time to your taste. You can control the bending effect in real time with the pedal's knob or from an external pedal such as Roland's EV-5 Expression Pedal (sold separately).
BOSS compact pedals are world-famous for their great sound as well as their road-tough construction, consistency, and reliability. The PS-6 inherits this BOSS-proven design, offering guitarists a solidly constructed pedal that's built to withstand decades of demanding use.
3-Voice Harmony, Detune, and Pitch-Shift
The PS-6 can generate two or three voices, such as direct/third/fifth, in each of the following modes: Pitch Shifter, Detune, and Harmony. This will add rich depth to your guitar sound. Detune broadens the sound in a natural way, as the PS-6 allows 3-voice detuning with slightly raised and lowered pitch added to the direct signal. Voices can also be pitch-shifted one octave up and a fifth below your note - great for arpeggio-style playing, for example.
Manipulate a wide variety of effects using simple operations. In Harmony mode, for example, all you have to do is select the key, specify whether it's major or minor, and use the SHIFT knob to select the voicing you want to use. The Shift knob switches between the different pitch settings available in each mode.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with chords or single notes?
2. Where is the BOSS PS-6 best placed in the chain?
3. Can the BOSS PS-6 simulate a 12-string guitar?
4. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with a microphone?
5. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with bass?
6. Can the BOSS PS-6 play at a lower octave?
7. Does the BOSS PS-6 work as a pitch shifter or pitch bender?
8. Can I play an octave up with the BOSS PS-6?
9. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with Digitech and Hardwire?
10. Can I use the BOSS PS-6 to downtune my guitar?
11. What does the “minor” setting on the BOSS PS-6 mean?
12. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with an electric violin?
13. Can the BOSS PS-6 simulate a detuned sound?
14. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with an expression pedal?
15. Does the BOSS PS-6 work with 2-string instruments?
16. Does the BOSS PS-6 work like an octave pedal?
*0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.