NATURAL OVERDRIVE WITH ENDLESS SUSTAIN!
Built in the tradition of the legendary BOSS overdrives, the OD-3 OverDrive pedal gives guitarists a greatly expanded range of smooth overdrive tones and improved response while staying true to the original.
- Dual-Stage Overdrive Circuit offers a level of sustain and compression unmatched by any overdrive pedal
- Increased dynamics yield a "bigger" sound than any previous BOSS overdrive pedal
- Dynamic, non-muffled tones reminiscent of classic overdriven "stack" amps
- Straightforward Drive, Tone and Level controls
- BOSS five-Year Warranty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the difference between the BOSS OD-3 and the SD-1?
- The BOSS OD-3 gives you a heavier overdrive
2. Can I play rock songs with the BOSS OD-3? (Ex. Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, AC/DC)
- Yes! The BOSS OD-3 is a great overdrive pedal that can make you sound like your favorite rock band.
3. Can I use the BOSS OD-3 with a fuzz pedal?
- The BOSS OD-3 sounds good when placed before a fuzz pedal. The overdrive adds an extra crunch to the fuzz.
4. Can the BOSS OD-3 produce a Synester Gates Lead sound?
- Yes, depending on the guitar, pedal settings, and other pedals stacked on the chain.
5. Is the BOSS OD-3 an analog pedal?
6. Does the BOSS OD-3 need power?
- The BOSS OD-3 uses a 9v battery or a BOSS PSA adapter.
7. Does the BOSS OD-3 have a control knob?
- The BOSS OD-3 has an EQ knob that can change the tone.
8. What is the difference between the BOSS OD-3 and the Blues Driver?
- The BOSS OD-3 has an excellent base level gain and blends well.
9. Can I connect the BOSS OD-3 to a clean amp?
10. Can I use the BOSS OD-3 with a humbucker?
11. Does the BOSS OD-3 have a turbo mode like the OD-2?
- No, the BOSS OD-3 doesn't. It is an analog pedal, unlike the OD-2.
12. Is the BOSS OD-3 a transparent overdrive pedal? Or a tube screamer?
- The BOSS OD-3 is transparent.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: DRIVE knob, TONE knob, LEVEL knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 15 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: Approx. 34.5 hours, Alkaline: Approx. 56 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 370 g (14 oz)
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.