A "MUST-HAVE" PEDAL!
The NS-2 Noise Suppressor eliminates unwanted noise and hum without altering an instrument's natural tone. It's the perfect pedal to quiet down any pedalboard or effects setup.
- Compact noise suppression pedal for eliminating noise and hum in guitar and bass effects and amplifier setups
- Unique noise detection circuit preserves the natural attack and envelope of an instrument's sound
- Threshold and Decay knobs allow for shaping the elimination/suppression as desired
- BOSS 5-year warranty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Does the BOSS NS-2 work with single coil feedback through a tube amp?
- Yes. The BOSS NS-2 will help in reducing the noise of the signal. However, reducing too much noise can affect the sustain and volume.
2. Can I use the BOSS NS-2 with a fuzz box? If yes, how?
- Yes. You should connect the fuzz box to the send/return loop of the BOSS NS-2.
3. Does the BOSS NS-2 reduce feedback?
- Yes. The BOSS NS-2 works well in reducing noise and feedback.
4. Can I use a power adapter for the BOSS NS-2?
5. What is the difference between the input/output and the send/return on the BOSS NS-2?
- On the BOSS NS-2, the input is where you plug your guitar while the output is for the signal going out of the NS-2 to the amp. The send/return is where you connect the other pedals going through the loop.
6. Can I use the BOSS NS-2 for the Fender Mustang Bass?
7. Can I use the BOSS NS-2 with an electric keyboard?
8. Can I use the BOSS NS-2 to reduce the noise of a “wah” pedal?
9. Can I connect the BOSS NS-2 to two amps to get a stereo setup?
- Yes, you have to connect it to a splitter first.
10. Will the BOSS NS-2 work with distortion effects?
11. Is the BOSS NS-2 compatible with bass?
12. Does the BOSS NS-2 affect the tone?
- No. The BOSS NS-2 makes the sound clearer by reducing the noise.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: MODE selector switch, DECAY knob, THRESHOLD knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK/MUTE indicator (Used for indication of check battery), REDUCTION indicator
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, SEND jack: 1/4-inch phone type, RETURN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack, 9V DC OUT jack
- Power Supply: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 25 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: Approx. 11 hours, Alkaline: Approx. 24.5 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series, Parallel DC Cord: PCS-20A
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 415 g, 15 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
* The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.