Roland/BOSS offers two types of sturdy metal footswitches for different applications. The FS-5U (silver) is a momentary "unlatch"-type footswitch, and the FS-5L (black) is a latch-type footswitch with an LED to indicate status. Both footswitches can be connected using ordinary guitar cables. Please consult your owner's manual for compatibility.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I use the BOSS FS-5U for tap tempo?
- Yes. The BOSS FS-5U is an unlatched footswitch that is great for tap tempo.
2. Can I use the BOSS FS-5U with the BOSS RC-3 loop pedal?
- Yes. The BOSS FS-5U makes it easier to time loops with the pedal.
3. Where is the BOSS FS-5U made from?
4. Will the BOSS FS-5U work with an orange amplifier?
- Yes, but the BOSS FS-5U is not a channel changer for the amp.
5. Can I use the BOSS FS-5U with the DD-5 for tap tempo?
- Yes. The BOSS FS-5U will work the BOSS DD-5 tap tempo feature.
6. Will the BOSS FS-5U work with the cube 80gx?
7. What does the polarity switch on the BOSS FS-5U do?
- The polarity switch sets the BOSS FS-5U switch without pressing it.
8. Can I use the BOSS FS-5U with the VE-8 looper?
- Yes. You can start/stop the loop with the momentary switch.
9. Will the BOSS FS-5U work with the Roland AC-60 amp?
10. Can I connect the BOSS FS-5U via USB?
11. Can I reduce the sensitivity of the BOSS FS-5U?
- You can try opening the BOSS FS-5U and stretching the spring to make it firmer. Be careful not to break it!
12. Can I use the BOSS FS-5U with EHX Oceans 11?
- Yes. You can plug the BOSS FS-5U into the Oceans 11 with a TRS cable.
13. Can you split the signal on the BOSS FS-5U into two pedals?
- Yes. You can use a Y cable to split the signal from the BOSS FS-5U to the two pedals. You can then control both pedals at the same time.
14. What is the difference between the BOSS FS-5L and the BOSS FS-5U?
- The BOSS FS-5L is a latching-type footswitch that works by pressing it once. The BOSS FS-5U is an unlatching type footswitch that only works when you hold it down and stops when you release it.
- Connectors: 1/4" phone type
- Power Supply (FS-5L only): Dry Batteries (R03/LR03(AAA) type) x 2
Size & Weight
- Width: 96 mm 3-13/16 inches
- Depth: 90 mm 3-9/16 inches
- Height: 43 mm 1-3/4 inches
- Weight: 240 g 0 lbs. 9 oz.
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.