UNBELIEVABLE "TALKING" WAH EFFECTS!
The BOSS AW-3 Dynamic Wah pedal gives guitarists a wide range of classic auto-wah and dynamic wah effects, plus a new "Humanizer" effect which can simulate human vowel sounds. A Bass input provides a variety of funky wah sounds for bass guitar.
- Compact pedal creates a variety of classic "wah" effects
- Dynamic wah sounds provide variable effects based on picking strength
- "Humanizer" effect creates human voice-type vowel sounds
- Dedicated Bass input for processing bass guitar
- EXP Pedal mode allows wah control via optional expression pedal
- Tempo can be set for pedal control or at a fixed rate via Manual mode
- BOSS five-year warranty
A "Talking" Pedal
The AW-3 Dynamic Wah is the first compact wah pedal to incorporate human voice-type sounds through a new "Humanizer" Mode. Of course, you can also choose from standard up-and-down wah effects, plus a Tempo Mode and resonant synth-like Sharp Mode.
Choose from both fixed and auto wah settings using the Manual control or pedal for tempo input. By connecting an optional expression pedal, the AW-3 can also be used for Pedal Wah effects. A dedicated Bass input permits direct processing of bass guitars.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the BOSS AW-3 pedal used for?
- The BOSS AW-3 is a wah pedal that alters the tone of a guitar to create a sound that mimics a human voice going “wah wah”.
2. Is the BOSS AW-3 a good wah pedal?
- Yes. The BOSS AW-3 is a good auto-wah, touch-wah, and regular-wah pedal. It also has a humanizer effect which users find a fun effect to play with.
3. What is the difference between BOSS AW-3 and other wah pedals?
- The BOSS AW-3 is the first compact pedal to add humanizer mode. Unlike other wah pedals, it is an auto-wah pedal that reacts to the dynamic changes in the volume of the note.
4. Where do I put the BOSS AW-3 in the signal chain?
- The BOSS AW-3 is usually placed at the beginning of a signal chain.
5. Is the BOSS AW-3 a good humanized?
- Yes. The BOSS AW-3 simulates human vowel sounds and can be a good vocoder/talkbox.
6. Is the BOSS AW-3 placed before or after distortion?
- Either. You can place the BOSS AW-3 before the distortion to allow the pedal to react to the changes in the signal. Placing the BOSS AW-3 after the distortion will create a much thicker sound.
7. Can I use the BOSS AW-3 with a bass?
- Yes. The BOSS AW-3 has dedicated inputs for both your guitar and bass
8. What country is the BOSS AW-3 made from?
9. Does the BOSS AW-3 require power?
- Yes. The BOSS AW-3 works with a 9v battery or a 9v power supply.
10. Does the volume spike or drop when using the BOSS AW-3?
No. The BOSS AW-3 has a bit of treble so that might come across as a volume spikebut a little adjustment to the tone will fix it.
11. Can I use the BOSS AW-3 for a fixed “wah”?
- No. The BOSS AW-3 is designed to be an auto-wah pedal.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: MODE knob, SENS knob, MANUAL knob, DECAY knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: GUITAR IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, BASS IN jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, EXP/CTL jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 50 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 8 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet, Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
- Expression Pedal: EV-30/FV-500H/FV-500L, Roland EV-5
- Footswitch (momentary-type): FS-5U/FS-6/FS-7
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 430 g (1 lb)
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
* The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.