EXTREME DISTORTION FOR EXTREME MUSIC
The MD-2 Mega distortion takes the bottom-heavy distortion sounds heard in today's new-school metal and pushes it to the extreme. The secret is a special dual-stage distortion circuit with an added gain boost-plus new Bottom and Tone controls--for crushing distortion with massive low end. Take your distortion into the future with the MD-2.
- Produces extreme, low-end distortion for modern metal and hard rock
- Gain Boost circuit creates huge distortion and sustain regardless of level
- New Bottom control for bottom-heavy distortion matched to 6- or 7-string guitars
- Tone control adjusts balance between high and low frequencies
- BOSS five-year warranty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Does the BOSS MD-2 work with the Crate GX 212 plus?
2. Is the BOSS MD-2 a good pedal?
- Yes. The BOSS MD-2 is a distortion pedal that has a wide EQ range. It could make a great pre-amp. The knobs are so useful and allow you to get some interesting sounds.
3. What is the difference between the BOSS MD-2 and the BOSS DS-1?
- The BOSS MD-2 has a lot more tone options and a gain knob, unlike the DS-1.
4. How much distortion can I get with the BOSS MD-2?
- A LOT! The BOSS MD-2 is called Mega Distortion for a reason. It has a built-in boost for it.
5. Is the BOSS MD-2 a good pedal for metal?
6. Is the BOSS MD-2 and DS-2 the same pedal?
7. Is the BOSS MD-2 analog?
- Yes. The BOSS MD-2 has an analog circuit.
8. Does the BOSS MD-2 need batteries?
- Yes. You can also use a power adapter.
9. Can I use the BOSS MD-2 to play SOAD songs?
10. Can I use the BOSS MD-2 to get a similar tone to Nirvana’s songs?
- Yes. The BOSS MD-2 has great control over the tone and is very versatile.
11. Does the BOSS MD-2 do chainsaw?
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: GAIN BOOST knob, DIST knob, TONE/BOTTOM knob, LEVEL knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK Indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 20 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Carbon: Approx. 16 hours, Alkaline: Approx. 30 hours * These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessory: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"), Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- Options (sold separately): AC Adaptor: PSA series
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm, 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm, 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm, 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 395 g, 14 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms.
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.