ADVANCED ELECTRIC-TO-ACOUSTIC GUITAR MODELING
BOSS is pleased to offer another "Authentic BOSS" Compact Pedal; the AC-3. How many times have you been onstage or in the studio with your electric guitar, and wished that you'd brought an acoustic along? For musicians who travel light, hauling an extra guitar to the gig isn't always the most attractive option. BOSS AC-3 to the rescue! This new-generation compact pedal employs COSM modeling technology to transform any electric guitar into a variety of beautiful acoustic guitars.
- BOSS's most advanced acoustic-guitar modeling in a compact pedal
- Four simulation modes: Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced, and Piezo-equipped
- Top and Body knobs for fine-tuning the virtual-body resonance
- Built-in reverb, optimized for acoustic-guitar simulation
- BOSS five-year warranty
BOSS's COSM Acoustic-Modeling technology is beautifully showcased in this small but powerful pedal, which simulates an acoustic guitar much more precisely and realistically than previous technology allowed. Derived from BOSS top-of-the-line AD-8, the AC-3 simulates the sound of an acoustic guitar with incredible precision. Four simulation modes are provided: Standard, Jumbo, Enhanced, and Piezo-equipped; the latter supplies that famous "cut through the mix" direct piezo sound. Previous compact acoustic-guitar modeling-pedals were promising, but now the bar has been raised with AC-3.
Top and Body controls are provided for shaping the characteristics of the four acoustic models. Create the perfect acoustic-guitar sound quickly and easily with simple knob twists.
Add depth and sweetness to the sound with the AC-3's built in digital reverb. It's like getting two pedals in one!
Versatile Output Paths
Two sets of outputs are provided for connecting the AC-3 to a standard guitar amp and to a direct input device such as a PA, recorder.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What is the BOSS AC-3 pedal?
- The BOSS AC-3 is a compact pedal that simulates the sound of an acoustic pedal to the tee. With four simulation modes that’ll give you great control over your sound. It is the most advanced compact guitar pedal out there!
2. Can I connect the BOSS AC-3 to a power supply?
- Yes! The BOSS AC-3 can be connected to a power source. The product does not include adapters.
3. Does the BOSS AC-3 work with batteries?
- Yes. Remember to remove the batteries when not in use.
4. Can I use the BOSS AC-3 as a reverb pedal?
- Yes. You can use the BOSS AC-3 to add reverb but it will change the tone to emulate an acoustic guitar. It has an adjustable reverb setting but it is designed to be an acoustic simulator.
5. Does the BOSS AC-3 have a built-in amplifier?
- No. The BOSS AC-3 needs to be used with an external amplifier.
6. Does the BOSS AC-3 simulate a 12-string guitar?
7. Can the BOSS AC-3 simulate a nylon/Spanish guitar?
- Not 100% but yes. The BOSS AC-3 can be adjusted to get you close to your desired sound but it will not replicate the sound of a nylon guitar.
8. Where do I put the BOSS AC-3 in the signal chain?
- By default, the BOSS AC-3 should be the first pedal in the signal chain. There are no limitations on where you put the pedal. You can place it anywhere you want and be creative with it.
9. Can I use the BOSS AC-3 for my acoustic guitar?
- Yes. Your guitar should have a pickup or a mic with a ¼” plug to connect it. It is not necessary to use an acoustic pedal on an acoustic guitar but it will still add a difference to your tone.
10. Can I use the BOSS AC-3 with other pedals?
- Yes, like any standard BOSS pedal.
11. Will the BOSS AC-3 work well with a hybrid guitar?
- Yes. The BOSS AC-3 will work fine with a hybrid guitar.
12. Can I use the BOSS AC-3 with a Piezo?
- Yes. It will add a nice piezo tone.
13. Can I connect the BOSS AC-3 directly to a PA system?
- Yes. It’ll give you a great sound with the right setting.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Leve: l-20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: MODE knob, TOP knob, BODY knob, REVERB/LEVEL knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, LINE OUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, G.AMP OUT(Guitar Amp Out) jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 70 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 3.5 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information"); Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 425 g 15 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
* The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.