MODERN PHASING WITH TAP TEMPO SYNC
The BOSS PH-3 Phase Shifter pedal provides a wealth of vintage and modern phasing effects, including new "Rise" and "Fall" modes for unique, unidirectional phasing. Syncing these phasing effects is as simple as tapping the pedal to the desired tempo, while an optional expression pedal provides realtime control of the PH-3's Rate, Filter and Tempo.
- Compact pedal with versatile vintage and modern BOSS phasing
- New "Rise" and "Fall" modes create unidirectional phasing
- Includes classic multi-stage phasers with selectable stages
- Realtime control of Rate via optional expression pedal
- Tap tempo sync of phasing effects
- BOSS five-year warranty
"Rise" and "Fall" Effects
In addition to standard up and down cycles, the new PH-3 Infinite Phaser can produce entirely upward or downward moving sounds through its new Rise and Fall effects. There's also 4-, 8-, 10-, and 12-stage phasers, plus a Step effect.
Syncing the PH-3's phasing effects can be achieved by simply tapping the pedal to the tempo desired. Or, for maximum control, connect an optional expression pedal to control both rate and filter in real time as you play.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I use the BOSS PH-3 as a delay pedal?
- No. The BOSS PH-3 is a phase shifter pedal, not a delay pedal. It creates phasing effects that do not imitate a delay.
2. Where is the BOSS PH-3 made from?
3. Can I use the BOSS PH-3 with a power adapter?
- Yes. You can use the BOSS PH-3 with a 9v power adapter.
4. Can I use the BOSS PH-3 to play Robert Trower songs?
- Yes. The BOSS PH-3 can make similar sounds to Robert Trower’s songs.
5. Can I use the BOSS PH-3 with an expression pedal?
- Yes. You can use an expression pedal with the BOSS PH-3 to control a parameter.
6. Is the BOSS PH-3 analog or digital?
7. What is the difference between the BOSS PH-3 and PH-2?
- The BOSS PH-3 has modern phase sounds, is digital, and is more versatile than its predecessor. The PH-3 also has more features.
8. Can I use the BOSS PH-3 with a synth?
9. Does the BOSS PH-3 sound good with a distortion pedal?
- Yes. You can get a sound like Jimi Hendrix when used with a distortion pedal.
10. Does the BOSS PH-3 increase the volume when turned on?
11. Does the BOSS PH-3 work with a bass?
12. Is the BOSS PH-3 true bypass?
- No. The BOSS PH-3 is a buffered bypass pedal.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: STAGE switch, RES(Resonance) knob, DEPTH knob, RATE knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- EXP/CTL jack: 1/4-inch stereo phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 50 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use: Alkaline: Approx. 6 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- Options (sold separately)AC adaptor: PSA series
- Expression pedal: EV-30/FV-500L/FV-500H, Roland EV-5
- Footswitch(momentary-type): FS-5U/FS-6/FS-7
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 415 g (15 oz)
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.