Journey to New Sonic Frontiers
With the SY-1, it's never been easier to infuse your creative arsenal with BOSS's legendary guitar synth technology. This amazingly expressive tool is filled with 121 ultra-responsive sounds, all distilled down into a BOSS compact pedal that slides easily into any setup. Best of all, it's as simple to use as a standard stompbox, so you don't need any background in synth programming to bring a new world of sonic textures to your music.
Expressive Synth Sounds, No Programming Needed
The SY-1 transforms any guitar or bass into a versatile synthesizer that's fun, inspiring, and ready to play. Backed by advanced tech first developed for the SY-300, this super-cool pedal delivers a huge selection of analog-style synth sounds while occupying minimal space on your board. What's more, all the sounds are polyphonic, allowing you to play both single notes and chords.
Plug-and-Play and Latency-Free
The SY-1 can be used with any guitar or bass via a standard 1/4-inch cable, providing an easy, plug-and-play experience. Thanks to custom DSP and the latest BOSS innovations, the SY-1 offers latency-free performance that's a natural extension of your instrument, letting you play freely and organically without altering your normal technique in any way.
A Universe of Synth Sounds Inside
With its 11 categories and 121 total sounds, the SY-1 puts an enormous array of synth colors at your fingertips. Expressive leads, sweeping pads, layered organs, fat basses, and more are all on tap, plus a variety of rhythmic synth patterns that are a blast to jam with. And with the grab-and-go Tone/Rate and Depth knobs, you're able to adjust any synth voice just how you like, including changing the pitch on some sounds.
At Home in Any Rig
As a standard BOSS compact, the SY-1 drops into a serial pedal chain like any other stomp. But with the send/return loop and dedicated mix controls, it's also possible to blend one or more pedals in parallel with the SY-1's synth voices. For example, you can patch drive pedals in the loop, and then send the combined output to mod, delay, and reverb pedals for overall processing. The send can be used as a direct out as well, enabling you to route synth and guitar sounds to separate destinations.
Enhance Performances with Real-Time Control
The SY-1 offers a number of ways to make your synth performances even more dynamic and expressive. Pressing and holding the pedal switch sustains the last-played synth sound, allowing you to jam with regular guitar over the top. You can also connect an external footswitch for tap tempo and octave-shift effects, or plug in an expression pedal for continuous Tone/Rate control.
SY-1 Sound Types
• LEAD 1/2-A wide range of sounds suitable for single-note soloing.
• PAD-Full tones that work great with chords, from layered pads to synth brass and more.
• BASS-Fat synth bass sounds, including filtered and sub-octave tones.
• STR-Classic analog-style strings, including layered voices and sweeping textures.
• ORGAN-A large selection of organ sounds, including many with rotary-style modulation.
• BELL-Percussive synth sounds with metallic resonance.
• SFX 1/2-A variety of synth sound effects, including explosive one-shot sounds, animated pitch/filter voices, and more.
• SEQ 1/2-Pulsating sounds with rhythmic pitch or filter changes.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Can I use the BOSS SY-1 with my bass?
2. Does the BOSS SY-1 work with a keyboard?
3. Can you play chords with the BOSS SY-1?
4. Does the BOSS SY-1 require power?
5. Does the BOSS SY-1 have a stereo output?
6. Do you need a pickup for the BOSS SY-1?
7. Does the BOSS SY-1 work as an octave pedal?
8. Does the BOSS SY-1 work with an acoustic-electric with a piezo pickup?
9. Can I use the BOSS SY-1 to make string pad sounds using an acoustic guitar?
10. Does the BOSS SY-1 work with a footswitch?
11. Can you save presets on the BOSS SY-1?
12. Does the BOSS SY-1 have an auto-wah?
13. Can you bypass the BOSS SY-1 so it won’t affect other pedals?
14. Does the BOSS SY-1 have a piano setting?
15. Can I tap the tempo on the BOSS SY-1?
16. Can I adjust the bpm on the BOSS SY-1?
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping