TWO DISTORTIONS FOR THE PRICE OF ONE
The DS-2 Turbo Distortion features twin modes for an expanded range of distortion--taking users from blues-rock rhythms to searing leads at the press of a pedal or twist of a knob.
- Classic BOSS distortion tones with added Turbo modes
- Turbo Mode I produces warm and mellow distortion with flat frequency response
- Turbo Mode II provides biting distortion with a mid-range boost, perfect for leads
- Built-in remote jack allows users to connect an external footswitch such as the FS-5L for instant, hands-free
switching between modes
- BOSS five-year warranty
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What kind of batteries do I need for the BOSS DS-2?
- The BOSS DS-2 is powered by 9v batteries.
2. Do I need to plug the BOSS DS-2 into a wall outlet?
- No, but you can use an AC power adapter to power the BOSS DS-2.
3. Does the BOSS DS-2 work with a bass guitar?
- Yes. The BOSS DS-2 is a guitar pedal so there might be a change in tone.
4. Can I connect the BOSS DS-2 to a solid-state amp?
- Yes. The BOSS DS-2 will work with any amp.
5. Does the BOSS DS-2 work with an acoustic guitar?
- Yes. Your guitar should have a pickup and a ¼’ audio input.
6. Can the BOSS DS-2 be used for distortion and overdrive?
- Yes. The BOSS DS-2 is a distortion pedal and you can set it to get somewhat of an overdrive sound. The overdrive sound depends on your preference.
7. What is the difference between an amp’s distortion mode and the BOSS DS-2?
- The BOSS DS-2 will give you a darker and heavier tone. It also compresses the sound better allowing more sustain depending on your settings.
8. How does the BOSS DS-2 compare with the DS-1?
- The BOSS DS-2 has a wider range of capabilities. It also has a turbo mode that isn’t present on the DS-1. You can also set a DS-2 to sound like a DS-1.
9. Does the BOSS DS-2 work as a good standalone distortion pedal?
- Yes! The BOSS DS-2 is a good standalone distortion pedal and is very easy to dial in.
10. Can I connect the BOSS DS-2 to a wireless amp?
- No. The BOSS DS-2 only sends audio to a wired signal. It may work if you use a wireless device on the end of the chain. But the BOSS DS-2 alone is a wired pedal.
11. Will the BOSS DS-2 work with heavy metal?
- Yes. It depends on your preference.
12. What is the difference between the BOSS DS-2 and the DF-2?
- The BOSS DS-2 is louder and has a great tone for distortion. The two pedals complement each other when stacked together.
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Bypass: Buffered bypass
- Controls: TURBO selector knob, DIST knob, TONE knob, LEVEL knob, Pedal switch
- Indicator: CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- Connectors: INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, OUTPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type, REMOTE jack: 1/4-inch phone type, DC IN jack
- Power Supply: Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61), AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- Current Draw: 15 mA
- Expected battery life under continuous use
- Carbon: Approx. 25.5 hours
- Alkaline: Approx. 42 hours *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Accessories: Leaflet, Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- Options (sold separately) AC adaptor: PSA series
Size & Weight
- Width: 73 mm 2-7/8 inches
- Depth: 129 mm 5-1/8 inches
- Height: 59 mm 2-3/8 inches
- Weight (including battery): 395 g 14 oz
* 0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.