IMPROVES YOUR OVERALL TONE
The CS-3 Compression Sustainer pedal compresses louder signals while boosting lower signals, providing smooth sustain without degrading the original sound quality. This is the perfect pedal for guitarists and bassists who want to sound their best.
- Compact compression/sustainer pedal with high-quality circuitry
- Compresses loud signals and boosts softer signals for a smooth overall sound
- Onboard Level, Tone, Attack and Sustain controls for precise tonal shaping
- Low-noise design for super-quiet operation
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What does the BOSS CS-3 exactly do?
- The BOSS CS-3 is a pedal that compresses the loudest signals and boosts the lowest signals. It preserves the quality of the audio and improves it. You can also adjust it to emphasize certain frequencies or increase the dynamics. It also works as a sustainer. The BOSS CS-3 can sustain notes longer as a by-product of the compression.
2. Does the BOSS CS-3 pedal sound good on an acoustic guitar
- Yes. The BOSS CS-3 can even out the signal and improve your guitar’s overall tone. It can also increase dynamics, perfect for fingerstyle on your acoustic guitar.
3. Does the BOSS CS-3 have a true bypass?
- No. The BOSS CS-3 is a buffered pedal.
4. Where should I place the BOSS CS-3 in the chain?
- The BOSS CS-3 can be placed anywhere on the signal chain. It depends if you want to compress the sound before or after the effects. It all comes down to what sound you are looking for. There is no strict rule when it comes to compressing.
5. Does the BOSS CS-3 reduce the noise from the amp?
6. Does the BOSS CS-3 have through-hole components or surface mount?
7. Can I use the BOSS CS-3 for a sustained effect on my keyboard?
- Yes. The BOSS CS-3 can sustain notes, however, too much sustain will reduce the attack. It is a compression sustainer so it will affect the tone, unlike a sustain pedal.
8. Does the BOSS CS-3 require power?
- Yes. The BOSS CS-3 can be used with either a 9v battery or an adapter plug.
9. What cable should I buy/use for the BOSS CS-3 pedal?
- The BOSS CS-3 uses an input/output cable with ¼’ audio jacks.
10. Can the BOSS CS-3 make a good strat-type sound?
- Yes. The BOSS CS-3 can give you a strat tone and can replicate a single coil tone.
11. How does the BOSS CS-3 sound with a bass guitar?
- The BOSS CS-3 sounds good with a bass.
12. Is the BOSS CS-3 good for tapping?
- Yes. The BOSS CS-3 will help balance the volume of each note. It will compress the sound depending on how you set it.
13. What does the attack knob do on the BOSS CS-3 pedal?
- The attack knob on the BOSS CS-3 allows you to control the front end of the notes when compressing.
14. Is the sound difference noticeable when using the BOSS CS-3?
- Yes. You can make it noticeable or very subtle, it all depends on how you want it to sound.
15. Where is the BOSS CS-3 made from?
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohms
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohms
- Equivalent Input Noise Level: -110 dBu (IHF-A Weighted, Typ.)
- Connectors: INPUT Jack, OUTPUT Jack, AC Adaptor Jack (DC 9 V)
- Power Supply: DC 9 V: Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V), AC Adaptor
- Current Draw: 11 mA (DC 9 V)
- Accessories: Owner's Manual (Japanese version - English version available if necessary), Dry Battery 9 V type (6F22/9 V)
- Option: AC Adaptor (PSA-Series)
Size & Weight (Incl. Battery)
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight: 400 g (0 lbs. 15 oz.)
*0 dBu = 0.775 Vrms
*The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Payment & Shipping
- Import duties and shipment costs are all included in the price for customers in the USA.
- Your package will be shipped from one of our fulfillment centers in the USA.
- Free 2 business day delivery with a tracking number in the 48 contiguous states of the USA.
- The delivery to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico can take more than 2 days.
- Sometimes it can take a little longer due to unforeseen circumstances.
- Our system cannot ship to PO Boxes.
- Currently, we cannot ship outside the USA. If you are outside the USA, please contact us.